Monday, March 5, 2007

Spring Cleaning

My goal for the next couple of months is to go through our home, top to bottom, and get it cleaned. We moved in last summer, but we still have boxes that have never been unpacked. Sometimes, I wonder where some of the things have gone, but dare not to try to even go looking. In the last couple of months, I've emptied closets and cabinets and cleared out the things that were not being used or duplicates. It's amazing what those nooks and crannies hold! Fortunately, we have many ministry contacts around the island, so much of the things we didn't need went to others who really needed them.

This weekend, Jeff spent some time in the yard giving our plants some extra TLC. The grass (or rather weeds) is in the mid stages of "forest" again, so I think that this coming weekend it'll be time for a weed whacking. Jeff says that once the grass is completely covering, the weeds won't grow as fast. I hope he's right.

While Jeff did yard work, I pulled out the cleaning cloths and took off the dirt and dust in some of the cabinets, the counters, and the shelves. I attempted to reach some of the higher places, but for me, that's vertically challenging. I'll have to get the ladder out this weekend. It seems like it's a huge job, but I figured that taking care of it little by little is not as overwhelming.

Maybe I'll take some before and after pictures....

No comments: