Tuesday, June 3, 2008

2008-Starting the Summer


Wow! It's been a whole semester since I blogged. A lot has gone on with work, school, and family, but I think it also has to do with the discovery of Facebook (thanks John). It's much easier to upload photos there into albums, so if you get a chance, check out my page with the photo albums.

Work with Kokua `Ohana finally finished last month. The same week, the semester also ended. I have a two week break from both school and work, so I have devoted much of my spare time to working on a youth ministry project for the summer that will start next week. Jeff's done a lot with working on the graphics for us, but we still have a lot more to go. As with anything, it seems so overwhelming and huge, but we know that God purposely does that to keep us turned to Him. Keep praying as James, Kendal, and I continue to fine tune the details. It's our prayer that this summer is a launching point for many churches and students to catch the vision of simple evangelism and outreach.

Our kids are also finishing up their school year. We have three now. One will be in summer fun, one in summer school, and the other has been challenged to come up with a summer project that will contribute to his growth. In the midst of all this, summer school will start for me on June 16th, the same day that I start Summer Institute with Na Pua No`eau as Daytime Coordinator at UH Manoa, and continue training nights and weekends with Catholic Charities. The two weeks off has a price to pay in the long run. I'm looking forward to all that is happening!

No comments: