I was done grocery shopping at 6:30 this morning. The lady in front of me couldn't do math. Talk about major irritating. I thought I was avoiding the stress by going early. Now Jeff's birthday dinner is worth way more than the dollars it cost!
Cashier: Your balance is $61.80.
Lady: I gave you $50.
Cashier: Your total is $111.80 and I took off the gift card, so your balance is $61.80.
Lady hands cashier a $50 bill.
Cashier: Your balance is $61.80, so this isn't enough.
Lady: But I already gave you the card.
Cashier: And I already subtracted that. See? (pointing to the register screen)
Lady: But what happened to my card?
Cashier: I already took it off, and you still owe $61.80. Your total is $111.80.
Lady: Then give me the card back.
Me: Your total is $111.80. 50 plus 50 only equals 100. 100 is less than 111.80, so you need to give her more money or put your things back.
Lady: But I already gave her $100.
Me: And you still owe her $11.80, so you need to give her more money!
Gee whiz! If you can't add, don't go shopping at 6:00 in the morning!!!! Those of us who can add (and subtract), go that early for a reason...to avoid the ignorants! Now I know why I don't work in retail anymore, but how do I avoid them? For those of you who have to deal with customers like this every day...thank you!!!
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment