As our team set out this morning, I had felt God convicting me that we weren't doing enough. We had taken a detour and lost sight of the reason we were here...to serve and minister to those in Columbus. I posed the question to our team, "What's the plan for today?" After hearing various responses of which none involved ministry, I told them I would stay back. I felt that we played for 2 days but had nothing planned to fulfill the reason that we were supposed to be here for. I came back to the room to pray and continue reading the Undo book that we were given at Challenge. Soon, Kayla came up and said they had called our friend, Janika, and they were going to Ohio State University's House of Prayer. Thank you, Jesus! I think we're back on track.We go to meet Janika at the House of Prayer and after a short introduction, we spend time in worship and prayer with Janika and her roommate, Hannah. The House of Prayer serves over 50 different Christian ministries on campus. It's opened 24/7 and as long as you know the door code, you can go in and use it. They also have refreshments and a peanut butter/jelly ministry. You can make a sandwich and go out to share it with someone who's hungry. It was so neat!!! I asked Janika how they are funded, and she said that God provides! It costs about $2,000 a month to run, and somehow, the money comes in. There are 4 people on the leadership team that help to keep it running, but anyone is welcomed to take "ownership" and help.
Janika and Hannah take us on a tour of Ohio State University, and we get to walk through the "Oval" which is where they often pray for students. Today, the campus is pretty empty, since summer school enrollment is very low.












No comments:
Post a Comment