Thursday, January 27, 2011

Out of the mouth of babes...Crusts and hair

Last year, Kavin's class had career month, and the moms and dads went in to share what they did for work.  One of the dad's, Uncle Walter (I think), is a manager at a Papa John's.  As you've probably guessed, he shared making pizza with them, and those lucky kids got to sample it.  A few days later as we're driving along, Kavin tells me that the crust from the pizza is bumpy with "stuff" (while he makes motions) on it, while the crust on bread is not.  Also, the crust on the bread grows hair, but the kind that Uncle Walter had doesn't.  Okay, fine.

Several days later, he tells me I need to take the crusts off of his sandwich.  I ask him why and doesn't he want his hair to grow.  He tells me, "No, little boys don't need armpits.  Only daddies and uncles have armpits."  Now what does that have to do with his sandwich.  Well, armpits=hair.  He doesn't need any armpit hairs yet!  Too funny.

I've got Food Network playing in the background.  I hear Anne tell a similar story.  That when she was growing up, her mom told her that the Irish believe that the crusts of the bread makes your hair grow curly.  She said that she didn't need any help with that.  Reminded me of Kavin's perspective.

No comments: