Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Coffee?

Some things don't change. Kids like that. Consistency. At Aunty Lisa's house, Kavin knows there's always cool candy in my candy jar (li hing ume, plum sucker things, tamarind balls, etc.), the candy jar is always by the bed or under the coffee table, there's always snacks & seeds in the box under the tv desk, the cup is by the water cooler, George's carrots are in the right vegetable drawer, and ice cream or pops always in the freezer.

Kavin wanted dessert last night, and he was promised cake & ice cream if he ate his dinner first. Oh yeah, we don't always have to eat dinner first. Sometimes we can have dessert first (just to make sure we have enough room). After he "foun it" (the stool), he carried it from the bathroom to the kitchen to try to get in to the freezer. He insisted on "coffee." When I asked him, just to be sure, he told me no coffee, but he wanted "coffee." I told him to put the stool away, and I walked out. He followed me and insisted he wanted "coffee." I told him no coffee. Okay, I've got to admit, most of the time I get what he's saying. This was not one of those times. I think Uncle Jeff finally figured it out, or maybe it was his mom. Anyway, no coffee, but he wanted ice cream! And when it finally made it to the table, he wasn't going to wait for anyone to serve him.

1 comment:

Bolo said...

Man, I would've been proud! Maybe I can get the little guy started on the special bean...