I wrote this poem and posted it on my myspace blog on October 24th. A few people suggested that I re-post it here now that the meaning of the poem is a little clearer. If you require further clarification, please refer to my previous post entitled, "A Celebration of Life." Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like it... Yesterday
It seems like only yesterday
We were running around the school
Getting into trouble
Or swimming in the pool
It seems like only yesterday
We were going to the beach
Watching the surf crash on the shore
With the sand beneath our feet
It seems like only yesterday
We were talking on the phone
As I was living far away
Wanting to come home
It seems like only yesterday
We were at your place
Cooking dinner, playing with the kids
Smoke from the grill in my face
It was only yesterday
The time came to say farewell
Thank you for being the friend
Who picked me up when I fell
I know eventually we'll meet again
Until then, for you I pray
A peaceful journey with God by your side
And an eternity of bright, sunny days.












No comments:
Post a Comment