I dropped Mary off at the airport today to go to Hilo. Kayla, Kyle, and Kason are staying over and going with us tomorrow after school. I was reminded of the innocence and bizarre thinking of Kason, an eight year old...
We went to Kmart after the airport. After walking through the clothes and past the shoes, we meet up with Leonard. While talking with him, Kason starts a conversation with me. Kason says he's so happy he gets to see his brother tomorrow. He misses him after one week. I ask him which one. He says Koen. Kayla replies, "WHAT?! Are you crazy?" Len just laughed.
Later tonight, I told Kason to go take a bath and sent him to get his clothes out of the van. He comes back and tells me that he needs a white shirt for May Day tomorrow, and he knows that he gave it to his mom. Duh! I tell him it's in Hilo right now. She packed his clothes in her suitcase to take with her TODAY. So, he starts to cry and flings himself down. I ask him where his underwear is, and he doesn't know. So, I tell him to go to the bathroom and take off his underwear and throw it into my wash that's going now. He gives me this funny look, so I assume he doesn't want to do it. I said, "I know you wear shorts without underwear, so just go do it, and you'll get it back when it's dry." He tells me it's not a special occasion (lightbulb!). Then he tells me that he can wear the same shirt he has on for school tomorrow, so I send him to throw it in the washer. As we're standing there, he tells me, "it's not a special occasion today, but it is tomorrow."*** Dang, I am still cracking up!!!! Good thing there's that basket of clothes still in the laundry area!
***He only wears underwear on special occasions! LMAO












No comments:
Post a Comment