Friday, September 7, 2007

Long time no...




Okay, okay. I've had several inquiries on when we'd get our blog updated. So here goes, at least for now.

We've been busy! Over the summer I had the opportunity of working as a residential counselor for Na Pua Noeau at UH Manoa. I spent four out of five weeks in June and July living in one of "the towers". It's definately an experience worth repeating. The kids are high schoolers that are part of either Aha Opio Alakai (leadership program) , Pathways (science program), or the engineering program. They are all mentoring programs for Native Hawaiian students. Some great stories came out of those four weeks.

Mark was finally able to move to his relatives in August. The house was very quiet then. We got George. It's still quiet.

We went to the Big Island over Admissions Day weekend. Kavin & Zayne got to spend time together while Jeff & I drove to Waimea for a wedding. We also got to stay in our favorite B & B there...Jacaranda Inn. Off course, we came back with my stash of pickled onions, Jeff's stash of tamales, and a stop at Big Island Candies.

After being out of college for *** years, I started classes again this fall. The whole process was a new experience for me, but fortunately, I knew my counselor from a mission trip five years ago. Thanks to him, registration was a fairly painless process to get through. Now, it's keeping up with the three hours of studying a day (sometimes more).

We're looking forward to going to Baltimore & Tucson this month. Will try to keep up and post our adventures. Doesn't every hotel have internet by now? If all works out, we'll be able to take Christmas presents with us and not have to ship them! Ooh...it's the Chinese coming out.

No comments: